Sunday, January 29, 2012

kitchen experiment - honey mustard lamb chops

I always look forward to weekends because its the time of week where my parents are here in Manila and my sister comes home from a whole week of studying. It's also the only time of the week where I get to go and dine out. This week however, my folks had their own engagement out of town and my sister had to review for her upcoming examinations. So its bye bye to ding out and again I had to make do with what was in the freezer.

We've had lamb in the freezer for a while now. I didn't want to touch it as I had no idea what to do with it. We have no grill pan and my Ate was the one who always cooked lamb chops for us. I wanted to eat meat so bad hence this kitchen experiment.

For the Marinade:
1/4 cup of dijon mustard
1 lemon sliced
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup kikoman soy sauce
salt
pepper

I baked them at 350F for 15-20 minutes until there was slight caramelization of the marinade and browning of the meat.

They turned out surprisingly tender and tasty. delish with mint jelly.  I ate mine with pasta.



No comments:

Post a Comment