Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby Food - Rice Porridgewith flaked steamed salmon


Feeding a baby is not a very easy task.
My hubby told me to treat our little Ysabela with utmost respect when it comes to feeding and by that he meant for me to refrain from doing "play feeding sessions" with Bela. Adios! No more airplane airplane (as when the spoon is the plane).

and with that I challenged myself to cook baby food for my daughter, one that taste good despite the lack of Salt or artificial flavorings.



Porridge with flaked steamed Salmon

In a steamer, steam for 8 minutes a slice of unseasoned salmon fillet (set aside)

In a pan, heat one teaspoon of butter and  brown the sides of 1 piece of boneless chicken breast fillet next saute 4 cloves of garlic, half a shallot and 4 slices of ginger. Add one cup of uncooked rice, mix until covered with the juice of the shallots, oil from the chicken and butter. add 4-5 cups of water and bring to a boil mixing occasionally. cook for 10-15 minutes or until rice and broth has thickened.


once cooked discard the ginger.

What i do is separate the onion, garlic and chicken and then use an immersion blender so my daughter wont choke on big pieces of chicken etc.

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment