Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crab Fat Pasta with assorted mushrooms

The next best thing to having big juicy crabs on the dinner table is having a handy jar of Crab Fat (Aligue) in the fridge. My dad recently brought home two small jars of pure crab fat and i couldn't wait long enough to sample it.


Since my cousin mike, his wife martha and my niece Cloie will be coming over, i figured what a perfect excuse to cook crab fat pasta.  


Martha, my niece Cloie,  my lil girl Ysabela and my cousin Mike
CRAB FAT PASTA with assorted mushrooms


1. Sweat 2 table spoons of shallots in  2 teaspoons of Olive oil
2. Add 5 cloves of minced garlic, cook for 1 minute not letting the garlic brown
3. Add the assorted mushrooms which has been soaked in water for 15 mins
4. add 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
5. add 1/4 cup cream and let simmer for 2 minutes
6. mix in 2 tbsp of crab fat and let simmer for another minute
7. season with salt and pepper
8. toss in al dente cooked pasta (spaghetti, spaghettini or angel hair pasta)
9. turn of heat and garnish with fresh flat leaf parsley

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is simply delicious! You make me miss aligue pasta even more!

    ReplyDelete