Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pineapple infused spice rubbed Babyback Ribs with Oriental garlic bbq sauce


Today is probably one of those days where my happiness meter is HIGH.
why? 
well let me count my blessing
1. I woke up because my daughter wanted to snuggle with me. (i am so so so lucky)
this made me so that happy i made her some mini cheese crepe for morning snack (okay 1 for her and 2 for  me)

2. Had mama's pork bbq for lunch

3. was able to exercise and walked about 3km with my daughter this afternoon

4. also I recently joined Human milk 4 human babies and helped a mum and her premie baby by donating BM today.

I was in such a feel good mood that i deserved some babyback ribs.

BABY BACK RIBS

1. pressure cook for 20-25 minutes, 1 slab of babyback ribs with about 2 cans of pineapple juice or until fully covered. 

2. drain (save the liquid)

3. For the spice rub combine 1 tsp each of rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, & paprika and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.

4. rub the ribs with the spice rub generously. (show the meat some love and make sure all sides are covered)

5. In a griller on high, grill each side of the ribs until spices form a nice brown crust (or you can do what i did and pan sear all sides of the slab until brown)

6. for the sauce, combine 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp hoisin sauce, 2 tbsp catsup, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the leftover liquid from the pressure cooker or pineapple. let simmer and reduce for 5 minutes. add salt and pepper to taste. thicken with corn flour and brush or smother on ribs. 

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment