Today is probably one of those days where my happiness meter is HIGH.
well let me count my blessing
1. I woke up because my daughter wanted to snuggle with me. (i am so so so lucky)
this made me so that happy i made her some mini cheese crepe for morning snack (okay 1 for her and 2 for me)
2. Had mama's pork bbq for lunch
3. was able to exercise and walked about 3km with my daughter this afternoon
4. also I recently joined Human milk 4 human babies and helped a mum and her premie baby by donating BM today.
I was in such a feel good mood that i deserved some babyback ribs.
BABY BACK RIBS
1. pressure cook for 20-25 minutes, 1 slab of babyback ribs with about 2 cans of pineapple juice or until fully covered.
2. drain (save the liquid)
3. For the spice rub combine 1 tsp each of rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, & paprika and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
4. rub the ribs with the spice rub generously. (show the meat some love and make sure all sides are covered)
5. In a griller on high, grill each side of the ribs until spices form a nice brown crust (or you can do what i did and pan sear all sides of the slab until brown)
6. for the sauce, combine 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp hoisin sauce, 2 tbsp catsup, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the leftover liquid from the pressure cooker or pineapple. let simmer and reduce for 5 minutes. add salt and pepper to taste. thicken with corn flour and brush or smother on ribs.